Head to the Cloud: SaaS Solutions Secure the Data.
According to Avaya, close to half of the workforce already has a smartphone, so it makes a lot of sense to capitalize on that technology base to save money and better engage the workforce (they love their new phones and want to use them!) We found a nice article from Windstream, a communications system vendor that supports this position.
?As the total mobile workers and ?road warriors? increases so do the risk of reduced productivity and employee satisfaction. This is where BYOD offers some major benefits.
- Although BYOD is often promoted as a means to curb corporate IT expense, it does more than that?it also allows employees the choice in?how?they communicate?Today?s employees are almost overly knowledgeable regarding the operation of their personal devices.
- No more working only 9:00 to 5:00?for national and global enterprises to operate effectively in the digital age, employees must always be connected.?
- Employees get 24/7 access from wherever they are (productivity boost)
- Employees access only those online services that they need to get their work and paperwork done (security boost)
- Companies keep important data OFF the personal devices (security boost)
The BYOD trend can be accommodated, as long as the device serves solely as a portal to your organization?s safely protected SaaS-based business services. At SutiSoft, we have been driving this move to secure, cloud-based business processes for close to five years. We plan to keep pushing that theme, as it is the most efficient solution in a BYOD world! We are making employee lives more productive, one BYOD-ready business service at a time.