End-to-end HR Management Software for all Business Types and Sizes
Manually managing HR operations is a challenging task for any organization. The administrative burden of your HR team can be minimized by implementing an automated software solution. They help save enough time to improve other operations within the organization.
HR software optimizes and simplifies human resource management in many ways. These solutions help keep employee data in order and automate crucial tasks, saving time and labor for HR managers and staff.
An integrated HRM system streamlines your workflow by automatically connecting HR, Recruitment, Time & Attendance, Benefits, Performance and Goals, and Payroll together in one platform. An online HR solution can be customized according to your business needs, and workflows can be configured to streamline your routine HR tasks.
The system allows you to manage employee attendance and time off, track each employee’s time on tasks, raise query requests, manage separation, and much more.
Businesses that implement an online HR software solution will benefit from automation and delivering a world-class employee experience.
Does my Company Need HR Management Software?
As the way we work evolves, businesses must transform how they manage their workforce. To meet the challenges of a modern workforce and attract the best talent, you need to invest in advanced technology to boost employee experiences and overall business growth.
By automating crucial tasks, HR software saves valuable time and reduces unnecessary paperwork. When your HR department has all the data they need in one place, errors are reduced, compliance risks decrease, and policies are more consistently enforced.
An online HR platform transforms the roles of both managers and employees to be more strategic and engaging. Allowing your employees to focus on more high-level tasks, resulting in improved planning, strategic decision-making, and greater job satisfaction.
What to Look for When Choosing HRM Software?
An HR checklist is crucial when preparing to set up an HRM software solution for your organization to understand your business needs and find what exactly will suit your requirements.
- Module Feature List: Check and review all the modules that are available and offered for integration within the solution. Personal Records, Applicant Tracking, Time and Attendance Management, Shift Scheduling, Performance Management, Benefits, Documents, Mobile Apps, and Expense Management are a few standard ones available in almost all software.
- Intuitive Interface: A user-friendly interface allows employees to understand the basic principles of work within a short period.
- Data Security: Since many employees and business-related information is stored in the application, it is crucial to identify and ensure data security to avoid any breach of control that can impact the company.
- Integrations: Check whether the software has the required integrations or an open API that can be used to make integration with other software programs much easier.
- Scalability: If you expect your business to grow, the system should be able to meet and expand to help with the increased workload.
- Cost of HR Software: HR software cost varies by provider, but they all should show a better return on investment, saving time and money.
- Implementation and Support: Check whether the software provider can complete the implementation processes in your timeline with a 24/7 support center to take care of your queries and concerns post-implementation.
Key HRM Software Vendors
- Founded: 2009
- Prime Location: United States, India
- Pricing: $4/user/month
SutiHR helps cover every HR process within an organization, allowing workforce management to be easy – from automated onboarding and performance appraisal to time off tracking, reports, and much more.
The platform is suitable for small, medium, and large businesses in order to manage their HR needs. You can choose exactly what your business demands and only use what’s required with SutiHR’s well-designed modules. Each module available on the platform is user-friendly and self-sufficient in resolving complexities and inaccuracies.
SutiHR is a perfect solution for keeping on top of your day-to-day HR tasks, centralizing data, and maximizing employee engagement. Bringing simplicity, speed, and efficiency to all repetitive HRM functions.
- Centralized Employee Record Management: Store all employee records in a single location and quickly locate the employee information you need. The online solution ensures your employee data is always organized, protected, and available at your fingertips.
- Employee Benefits: The solution simplifies benefit enrollment for HR managers and employees while allowing them to track and update plans at necessary times. Easily manage high-volume enrollments, administer FSA/HSA, meet ACA reporting requirements, and much more.
- ATS (Applicant Tracking System): From creating job requisitions to onboarding, the solution allows you to take ownership of each step within the recruitment process. Your HR team can quickly post jobs on various job boards with a simple click of a button.
- Time and Attendance Management: Create timesheets, track employee time & attendance, time off balances, and easily view details with real-time reporting options. You can quickly connect to your favorite payroll software and automatically synchronize employee time-tracking data for payroll processing.
- Employee Shift Scheduling: The advanced shift scheduling feature helps you schedule the right talent for the available shifts. You can accurately create dynamic work shifts for your workforce by department, job title, and/or location – with automatic attendance adherence notifications as needed
- Document Management: The document management system seamlessly manages all aspects of employee files and adds critical security and compliance to each document. Automate those time-consuming paper processes, allowing HR managers to classify, file, and assign documents with a click of a button.
- Employee Training: The solution streamlines your entire training process, empowering you to create course schedules quickly. Your HR team can easily access, maintain, and manage all employee training data and details from a single location.
- Performance Management: The advanced performance management system helps you recognize and reward your employees for their work. You can easily design appraisal forms, track employee performance, arrange one-to-one meetings, and set goals for individuals and/or teams to strive for next.
- Goal Management: Set goals and track employee progress in real-time. You can align individual goals with business goals and improve overall business productivity.
- Compensation: Create and manage employee compensation plans equally across multiple teams, departments, and business units. You can easily synchronize compensation with performance and business goals.
- Project Management: Managers and employees can achieve specific project goals by working together in the project planning, execution, and delivery.
- Employee Self-Service: The employee Self-Service (ESS) feature allows your staff to easily access and manage their information, schedules, time off, performance reviews, personal and team goals, and much more.
- HR Reports: Enhance your workforce strategies with comprehensive reporting for each HR process. Whether it’s attendance trends, project statuses, time off balances, or employee’s overall performance. You can also create custom reports with a simple drag-and-drop interface, with all information at your fingertips.
- Mobile App: Intuitive iOS and Android apps allow employees, managers, and the HR team to efficiently perform their HR activities on their mobile devices while on the go.
- Company Calendar: The company calendar lets you easily track key events such as birthdays, time off, scheduled training, upcoming interviews, and more.
- Address Book: The address book makes it easier for users to access information like mobile numbers and email IDs of their colleagues.
- Organization Chart: Quickly get an overview of the hierarchical position of employees within your organization. From higher-level to lower-level employees, users can quickly review each employee’s position at a glance.
- Role-Based Access: You can set roles for employees by assigning different permissions in terms of allowing access to certain modules as well as the performance of various actions across the solution.
- HR System Integration: Easy-to-install REST API helps you integrate the software with your business’s current third-party applications.
- eSignatures: The integrated eSign software makes document signing faster, simpler, and more cost-efficient. Send documents to multiple recipients with just a click and stay updated throughout the document signing process.
- Surveys: SutiHR makes it easy to conduct HR surveys at every point of the employee life cycle, from recruitment to separation. With a complete view of employee experience, you can identify key drivers of engagement and receive targeted actions to drive meaningful improvement.
- Helpdesk: Integrated helpdesk software serves as a self-service portal for everything from the organization’s policies and training to the submission of questions and requests. The HR team can track all the requests made by prospective or existing employees in one place and ensure they get timely responses.
What Customers Say About SutiHR
“Time off is easy to schedule and keep track of. Team time off calendar is helpful as well when scheduling for time off.“
Laura J, Nonprofit Organization
“It was very great while I used it and never had any issues with it.“
Shalonda D, Health, Wellness and Fitness
- Founded: 2008
- Prime Location: United States
- Pricing: $5.25/employee/month
Comprehensive online HR software designed for small and medium businesses. BambooHR makes it easy to gather, manage, and analyze your workforce data, enhance how you attract and hire talent, onboard new hires, manage compensation, and build your company culture. The solution automates your daily employee management tasks and sets your HR team to focus on what matters most – your workforce.
- Employee Records: BambooHR eliminates scattered spreadsheets and paper files forever, putting organized, centralized employee data at your fingertips whenever needed.
- Recruitment: The solution brings a modern approach to recruitment, with robust applicant tracking tools that enhance every stage of hiring, from job requisitions to offer letters.
- New Hire Onboarding: Complete paperwork quickly and gather electronic signatures with customizable preboarding packages. BambooHR makes it easy to set new hires up in advance with welcome emails and IT checklists.
- Employee Self-Service: Custom access levels in BambooHR help you give each employee access to edit their personal information while simultaneously limiting their access to sensitive business data.
- Compensation Management: With integrated time tracking, time off, and benefits management, the solution makes paying your employees an easy and delightful experience.
- Performance Management: The performance management system lets you create and customize multiple performance review cycles with specific questions and scheduling.
- HR Reports: Advanced reporting tool makes it easy to generate instant, detailed reports on almost any data within the solution with just a few clicks.
What Customers Say About BambooHR
“I enjoyed it more than other recruiting software I’ve used. It makes work easier and helps me be a manager instead of a paper pusher.“
Jeremy S.Human Resources
“I really like using BambooHR, it is easy to navigate and the employees seen to not have trouble with it either.”
Emily A.Financial Services
- Founded: 2005
- Prime Location: United States
- Pricing: $99/user/month
Workday HR management software allows you to do more than just manage your employees. The solution offers intelligent automation across the entire hire-to-pay process, eliminating manual tasks and empowering your employees to be more productive. With more insight, HR staff can make the right organizational changes, provide personalized experiences, and nurture growth.
- Time Tracking and Payroll: With integrated Time Tracking, HCM, and Payroll, you have one data source and unified actions. It helps you reduce labor costs, increase productivity, promote employee well-being, and minimize compliance risks.
- Talent Management: Skills-based talent management solutions allow you to build a workforce that can meet the demands of tomorrow.
- Employee Benefits: The advanced benefits management feature empowers you to manage everything from benefits plans to eligibility rules easily.
- Compensation: From collaborating on compensation reviews to personalizing merit pay, the solution provides the tools you need to meet your compensation goals.
- HR Reports: The software makes it easy to get a complete picture of your employees and operations so you can make more informed decisions.
What Customers Say About Workday
“It is very user-friendly, I enjoy the fact that it’s easy on the eyes and provides assistance and support if one is not able to navigate it. Overall, it is a great tool to avoid confusion on the payroll.“
Adolfo P, Events Services
“Overall experience is really great since it is user friendly and the ease of accesss is so easy to navigate because it is straight forward and concise.“
Michael Kevin A, Financial Services
- Founded: 2013
- Prime location: United States
- Pricing: $8/employee/month.
Designed for managing the modern workforce, Zenefits offers a mobile HR experience by tightly integrating HR, Time Tracking, Benefits, and Payroll in a single platform. From Hiring to Retiring, the online solution makes managing your employees a breeze.
- HR Administration: An integrated HR software that easily syncs employee data across HR, Benefits, and Payroll, saving you time on unnecessary busy work. Org charts, company directories, and much more make it easier to manage your workforce.
- Time Tracking: Advanced time tracking and shift scheduling tools that automatically sync with HR, Benefits, and Payroll.
- Applicant Tracking System (ATS): The state-of-the-art Applicant Tracking System (ATS) streamlines how HR recruiters source, hire, and onboard top talent.
- Performance Management: Sophisticated performance management tools make scheduling employee performance reviews, setting goals, and conducting one-to-one meetings easy.
- Compensation: Align compensation practices with your organization’s goals and quickly make informed consistent employee compensation decisions.
- HR Reports: Advanced reporting capability helps improve your business through insights on turnover, workforce diversity, compensation, and more.
- Mobile App: Zenefits mobile app makes it easier for employees to update their info, enroll in benefits, and complete other tasks required by admins.
- Compliance: The platform helps you stay compliant by automating many tasks you would otherwise need to do manually.
What Customers Say About Zenefits
“Very positive. I have never used an outside service for basic HR functions before, but was pleasantly surprised at how much work Zenefits saves me by letting employees enter their own info.”
Sean H, Hospitality
“I absolutely loved this HRIS. As a consultant, I have worked with other organizations since that are using other HRIS/payroll tools and greatly miss my Zenefits heyday.”
Aimee F, Nonprofit Organization
5. Sage Business Cloud People
- Founded: 2011
- Prime Location: UK
- Pricing: Starts at $10.00/user/month
About Sage Business Cloud People
An online HR management system designed for mid-sized multinationals and growing smaller businesses. Sage HR platform automates hiring, managing, and developing your people while supporting modern working methods, freeing the HR department from manual and low-value tasks.
- Employee Record Management: The solution enables you to manage your global workforce records more quickly from a single system.
- Talent Acquisition: With Sage HR, your talent team can be more successful in competing for in-demand skills by delivering impactful, branded hiring experiences.
- Time and Attendance Tracking: The software offers the flexibility to accurately track employee time and attendance using configurable codes and advanced reporting.
- Performance Management: A continuous performance management system helps you develop a culture focused on talent development and skills expansion, ensuring future success.
- Payroll Management: Sage provides various options to fit your needs, making managing your payroll easy and suitable. Whether you choose to process payroll in-house or outsource payroll processing, the software lets you handle payroll your way.
- HR Reports: Reports with accurate and real-time data enable HR to make informed, credible decisions and recommendations while exploring new ways of working.
- Employee Benefits: The solution helps you automate employee benefits administration and create dedicated well-being resources with just a few clicks.
What Customers Say About Sage Business Cloud People
“I have enjoyed my experience with Sage because it has made my work much easier with all the features that it offers. My month end close are smooth and quick.“
Joshua D, Construction
“This is a great setup to clock in and out with and a great business platform.”
Duranda G, Mental Health Care
6. Namely- HR Software
- Founded: 2012
- Prime Location: United States
- Pricing: Starts at $12.00/employee/month
A simple, flexible, and modern HR software that covers all your workforce management needs in one platform. Namely handles your employee profiles, time-off tracking, reporting, and more. The solution helps your employees engage with a social news feed and allows them to access the functionality through a mobile app.
- Core HR: Manage every aspect of your workforce management, from hire-to-retire in one intuitive place. Namely gives you the power to personalize the platform to meet your needs.
- Talent Management: Namely offers advanced talent management tools to develop a high-performing team that delivers results for your organization.
- Benefits Administration: The best-in-class benefits management tool makes it easy for employees to enroll in plans and even easier for the HR team to manage.
- Time Tracking and Payroll: The solution provides robust payroll and time-tracking features coupled with full payroll tax services.
- Compliance Management: Namely provides you with proactive alerts and a single source of truth for all your compliance needs.
- HR Reports: Namely gives you access to the critical HR data you need to make strategic decisions.
What Customers Say About Namely
“I love the ability to have all of my onboarding forms in one place. Employees are able to electronically sign and eases the onboarding process.“
Toni W, Telecommunications
“HRIS system is easy to manage and understand. Our employees like the feed. Love the customer service – they are super helpful and friendly. Love eSig.“
Cristin U, Military
Note- The above information has been provided based on the data available on the vendor website and secondary web platforms.